INVOLVE Challenge France 2016
A 2 days exciting idea competition to imagine new usages for trucks in our cities beyond goods distribution/collection.
This year we propose you to step into the shoes of 4 start-up co-founders*!
Your start-up is using trucks to offer innovative services & urban experiences, with a positive impact on the society & city sustainability.
This service should:
- capture opportunities offered by the digital transformation & connected vehicles,
- greatly contribute to improve the image of heavy Vehicle in urban areas.
We will drive you through 2-days of activities and workshops so you can:
- Capture the best idea,
- Develop a ground breaking service & compelling business model.
*You will be asked to team up by 4, mixing INSA-EM students (during the information session).
Thursday 29th Sept. 12:30-13:30:
Information session at INSA in the bibliothèque Marie Curie (T1 – Albert Einstein) - Amphi Emilie du Châtelet.
Introduction to the Involve Challenge and presentation of the Volvo Group. Speed networking session with students from EM & INSA de Lyon to build up the teams.
Tuesday 4th Oct: Application closure
Send us your team application at contact-involve [at] volvo [dot] com including:
- Team’s nickname
- Name, mail address & school of each team member.
- A short (up to 300 words) & compelling text on why you want to take part in this Challenge
10 teams ONLY will be selected for the Challenge.
Wednesday 12th Oct:
- GET INSPIRED 9:00-16:00, at Volvo Group (Renault Trucks), 99 route de Lyon, 69800 Saint Priest (Bus Stop C25 –Paul Berliet)
Take a deep dive in Volvo Group’s research center. Listen to inspiring speakers, visit our facilities, test driving simulators and prototype vehicles.
- EXPLORE 18:00-22:00, at EM Lyon Learning HUB
Interact with a large panel of urban stakeholders to capture the best service ideas.
NB: Shuttle connections are planned for you at 16h from Volvo to EM Lyon Learning HUB and at 22:00 from EM Lyon to Metro station: Charpennes.
Thursday 13th of Oct:
- CO-CREATE 9:00-15:00, at INSA Bibliothèque Marie Curie (T1 – Albert Einstein)
Experiment creative methods & tools to turn your idea into an innovative service & compelling business model.
- PITCH 18:00-21:30 Pitch your Idea in a limited time of 5 minutes to win a trip to Sweden.
NB: Shuttle connection is planned for you at 21:30 from INSA Campus to EM Lyon Campus.
Please note that each step is mandatory. If you are missing classes to join one of the activities, Attendance Certificates will be provided to excuse your absence.
It’s a unique opportunity for you to meet with Volvo Group’s representatives and learn more about the Volvo Group World & experience the INVOLVE Challenge energy!
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.