- Unleash the value of data
- Secure regular updates of all follow-up for Distribution Center Gent Operations (daily/weekly/monthly) & try to automatize to a maximum extend
- Work and experiment with state-of-the-art data processing, machine learning, RPA and AI technologies
- Understand how analytics may/will transform industry dynamics
- Use your scientific knowledge and engineering skills to analyze large volumes of complex data, create models that can be applied to challenging problems, and develop new algorithms to address Distribution Center Gent needs
- Contribute to insights and new data driven service innovation, from idea generation to deployment
- Collaborate with different functions as well as external partners, both large multinationals and start-ups, with the purpose of exploring new opportunities for the Distribution Center Gent
- Secure hand-over of data models and concepts, to enable performance and value at scale for all Distribution Center Gent departments
To qualify for this role, your profile is:
- You have earned a Master degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, or related area
- You speak fluent Dutch & English
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex challenges and devising new approaches to reach results
- You are a driving personality that are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics
- Ability to visualize data and analytics results in a format appropriate for different audiences
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- You have storytelling skills and the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- Coding skills (such as Excel VBA, Python, R, Java, and/or Scala)
- Visualization tools like Qliksense and Power BI are considered a plus
- Data access (e.g., SQL, CSV)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Humor; because, in the end, working in the Operations with data should be fun
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Gostaríamos de te conhecer
Processo de submissão
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que você submeter seu formulário. Depois disso, ainda será possível atualizar seu perfil funcional.
Se você for selecionado para uma entrevista, será contatado com informações sobre os próximos passos do processo: Segunda entrevista, avaliações e referências.
Todos os candidatos serão informados quando da seleção do candidato escolhido para a vaga. Você pode optar por deixar seu currículo em nosso banco de dados e ativar um sistema de busca que procurará outros cargos que se encaixem com seu perfil.
Ao iniciar seu período de emprego, você receberá uma introdução para ajudá-lo a fazer parte da equipe e começar a trabalhar, da melhor maneira possível, em suas tarefas.