Paint Process Engineering Leader
- Develop and maintain teamwork within the Paint Process group
- Manage the activities of the Paint Process group in productivity improvement, waste elimination, process development, and quality improvements for paint application
- Establish, manage, and maintain systems to measure key indicators of plant performance for Quality, Delivery, and Productivity
- Develop and lead competitive manufacturing teams for the Paintshop with respect to quality, productivity, throughput cost, and HPT improvements
- Support Paint Business Team with optimization of waste elimination, quality improvements, operating system controls, material flow, footprint development, and efficiency improvements
- Support Paint Business Team in capital budgeting, equipment request, process improvements, scheduling, capital improvements and project management as required
- Ensure development and compliance of ISO documented processes
- Coordinate the smooth implementation of production changes are required
- Maintain a current knowledge level of emerging concepts, techniques and technologies related to our processes to provide future guidance and vision for improving existing integrated manpower, methods and machines
- Lead Team activities focused on new processes and facility initiatives related to the NRV Paint Shop
- Lead and participate in Continuous Improvement activities, including PDCA, Kaizen Events, and Structured Problem Solving
- Develop Team Members for future advancement opportunities within the Volvo organization. Activities should include performance reviews, mentoring, and structured development planning
- Follow a way of working that is in accordance to the Volvo Production System
- Responsible for purchase orders for paint, solvent and chemical supplies
- Leadership & Teamwork: Build co-operation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Planning & Organization: Anticipating the organization’s future needs and structuring resources and actions in a logical manner
- Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance
- Bachelors in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent and/or a minimum of 8 years of experience in a Tier One Parts, or OEM Automotive Paint Shop operation
- Detailed knowledge of paint application equipment, pretreatment systems, Paint shop productivity improvement practices, tools, and methods. Ability to effectively develop a vision, plan, and coordinate the activities of the Paint Technicians with the Paint Business Team
- Working knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft Office products
- Leadership experience in improving automotive painting operations using a combination of technical, leadership, and managerial skill sets
- Practical experience with using project management skill sets in a manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to lead and develop functional and goal driven Teams
- Ideal previous experience will be a leadership role within a Tier One Parts, OEM Truck, or OEM Automotive Paint Shop operation
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Gostaríamos de te conhecer
Processo de submissão
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que você submeter seu formulário. Depois disso, ainda será possível atualizar seu perfil funcional.
Se você for selecionado para uma entrevista, será contatado com informações sobre os próximos passos do processo: Segunda entrevista, avaliações e referências.
Todos os candidatos serão informados quando da seleção do candidato escolhido para a vaga. Você pode optar por deixar seu currículo em nosso banco de dados e ativar um sistema de busca que procurará outros cargos que se encaixem com seu perfil.
Ao iniciar seu período de emprego, você receberá uma introdução para ajudá-lo a fazer parte da equipe e começar a trabalhar, da melhor maneira possível, em suas tarefas.